- All Resources
- Loans & Credit
- How to clear my credit history?
- You’ve got a straight to have information that is inaccurate your credit history corrected totally free
Can I have errors corrected within my credit file?
Yes. The Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) states that you have the directly to get yourself a correction on your own credit history for just about any inaccurate, out-of-date, incomplete, unimportant or deceptive information. This can be done totally free.
How can I discover what is with within my credit history?
Credit bodies that are reporting and hold credit file. Credit reporting bodies consist of: Equifax (previously Veda Advantage), Dun & Bradstreet and Experian Credit Services Australia.
You can find a true amount of how to discover what is in your credit history. The right is had by you:
- To have a free content of one’s credit file. a credit rating human body cannot charge with this, until you obtained a copy of the credit file from their website in the earlier one year;
- To acquire a free content of one’s credit file within 3 months of experiencing a credit card applicatoin for credit refused;
- To be informed by way of a credit provider the explanation for that loan refusal.
just What laws and regulations use?
The Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) put down the legislation pertaining to information held in regards to you on the credit file. The Credit Reporting Privacy Code sets out of the real methods these details is noted on your credit file.
Any office of this Australian Information Commissioner (the Commissioner) has obligation for ensuring these rules are followed.